Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Latest and Greatest

Hello friends! I hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend. I can't believe we are almost at the end of May. In good news, we added another sponsor for the Date Auction which I am really happy about. This is putting us toward a record for event sponsorship. We've also been making more progress in getting gift certificates donated for the couples to use on their dates. I only need 8 more certificates, then we will technically have enough. I need to keep going though because then we can put some of them in the silent auction and that helps us raise funds. I also need to work on recruiting more bachelors/ettes to participate. We already have a few bachelors signed up. Today, I reached out to the fire fighter who has been a huge help in the past and he said he would help get some fire fighters again. I'm also going to attend the FF Burn Foundation charity auction next month and hopefully meet some FF there who would like to do our auction as well.

I'm really happy to announce that we're going to be doing our own fashion show during Boston Fashion Week. We just booked an awesome new venue, the Harborside Inn on State Street for the event. They have a beautiful bar & lounge that we're going to be using. We have an event planner who is donating her time to do organize the event for us. It is going to be awesome! I think we will keep the ticket price the same as our Copley shows, $20 and all the proceeds will go to Project Smile. It is going to be wonderful to have our show that we put together entirely ourselves.

Well, there is lots more to write about, but I'm getting tired and need to go and finish up a few other things. Tomorrow, I'm off to Braintree to pick up auction items for the silent auction fundraiser that we're doing at Beer Fest on Friday. I also want to work on our long over-due PS newsletter and I need to schedule some more police/fire donations and work on our events. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: