Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Polly Progress

Greetings friends! Well good news, we have reached our sponsorship goal for the Date Auction. We got a commitment yesterday for another platinum sponsorship and that pushed us over the line. I am a happy camper! It is a relief to know that we will have our costs covered, now we keep going and raise as much as we can. These additional sponsors will be all profit. I haven't received payment from all of the sponsors yet, so that is another reason to keep going just in case something happens with one of our sponsors. It is so important to keep following up with people and researching. I subscribe to a lot of online newsletters, email lists and I'm always researching to see what is new and who we could potentially partner with. More of our sponsors have come from online research than any other source.

Today, we donated to Providence Police. It has been a few years since our last donation there. We work with so many departments, it is hard to keep up. Also, almost all of our funding comes from MA, so that is where most of our efforts have been focused. I always want to keep up with all our departments, so recently I've been reaching out to departments in RI to replenish their supply. I met with the Sgt. who works in the sexual assault unit. He was very happy to have the new supply of stuffed animals. Here is a photo from today's donation:
Well friends, there is lots more to write about, but I'm getting a little tired and need to head off to bed soon. I have so much that I want to make progress on before the week is over- I can't believe we are already half way through May. Anyways, off I go... until tomorrow friends...

No comments: