Thursday, May 2, 2013

Welcome May

Hello May! This is a lovely spring month and I feel that good things are coming. We're already off to a good start with a $5,000 grant that we received from the TJX Foundation! This is the 3rd grant that we've received from the Foundation which is awesome. It is wonderful to have support like this.  Ongoing grants of this size are hugely important for our ability to keep growing. I really appreciate how dedicated they are to helping local organizations. The TJX stores are pretty much the only place that I buy my clothes, so personally it means a lot to shop at a place that also supports our work.

I took a vacation with a friend for a few days- we drove to Washington DC to do some sightseeing. I don't go away very often- my last trip was 2 years ago. I came home last night and felt re-energized to get back to work. I take days off when I need to, but there is something different about actually going away. It is good to have a complete change of scenery occasionally. It gives you a different perspective when you go somewhere new and it also gives a really good chance to unwind. Washington DC is a wonderful place to visit because there is so much to see and much of it is free. The monuments and museums are also really inspiring as well. It makes you want to do great work when you see the accomplishments of others. It is also inspiring to see the memorials and think of the many millions of people who have sacrificed their lives in the name of freedom.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. It is almost 1am and I need to get to sleep! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: