Monday, May 13, 2013

Ribbon Cutting Debut

Happy Monday friends. So what's new? Well, Friday was the debut of my ribbon cutting skills. Build-a-Bear was celebrating the grand reopening of their store at the Northshore Mall and they chose us as the benefiting charity. They will be donating approximately 600 stuffed animals which will be stuffed by guests at all of their Boston area stores this week. That will be a pretty awesome donation to receive. I was invited to attend the ribbon cutting and say a few words to the families attending. I didn't think that I would actually get to cut the ribbon. I was actually a little nervous to make sure that I didn't mess it up! There was no way to actually mess it up of course- all you had to do was cut it with scissors- it was pretty idiot proof! It was really fun to participate. I've always watched ribbon cutting, but this was my first time actually doing it. The teddy bears that they have in the store are so beautiful. They also have a lot of new technology in the store to make it even more interactive and engaging for children. When I have children, I'll definitely bring them there for a special occasion. Here is a photo of me with the store employees. Good thing I wore my blue dress- I fit in with the Build-a-Bear uniforms!
And, here is one more photo with the bear mascot:
I'm going to email my contact at the corporate office to see if anyone was able to take a photo of the actual ribbon cutting- that would be a cool picture to share.

The fun continued the next morning when I taped an interview on WBZ CBS Sports Radio 98.5 in Boston. It aired Sunday AM. The producer, who I met at a networking event a couple of months ago, is going to send me a copy of the interview so I can put it on our website. I love doing radio interviews. I could talk about Project Smile forever! The host did a great job and I really enjoyed it. I'm really happy that they chose to have me on the show.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. Tomorrow, I'm off to do another donation to DCF. I need to keep cracking on event work so we can stay on track. I just got a commitment from Disney for a donation of 4 one-day passes to Disney World which are valued at almost $500 for the auction at our Anniversary Celebration.  This is a great auction item to have!

Off I go to read for a bit- I just started a book about the Dust Bowl- a horrific event that I had barely ever heard of. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: