Thursday, May 9, 2013

Thursday Happenings

Greetings friends! So what's new? Well, here is a photo from our donation of stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons yesterday to Project Hope in Boston.
Today, I was working on following up with event sponsors and reaching out to new sponsors. I always underestimate how long research takes. I spent much longer than I had anticipated this morning trying to find the email address for the marketing director at a local company that I've been trying to get on board. I also applied for some silent auction items from some new donors. I was at a gala event recently and got some ideas for potential auction donors while browsing their selection of items. The event also had their balloons on tables with up-lights right next to them and it looked wonderful. I wouldn't have thought of that myself. I'd love to get some up-lights for our 10th Anniversary event and have the balloons next to them. I'm not sure how much they cost though. Other people at the event were also commenting on how pretty the balloons looked with the lights.

Tomorrow morning, I have to be at Build-a-Bear at the Northshore Mall, Peabody for the grand re-opening of their store. The company is launching a drive for us where people buy a stuffed animal and donated to us. They're expecting to collect 600 stuffed animals from the Boston area stores which is excellent. It is really nice to have their support. The only downside is that I have to be there at 9:15am- which will be a bit of a challenge with rush hour traffic.

Well, that's all for tonight friends since I have to be up really early tomorrow to hit the road and I am most definitely not a morning person! Until next time...

No comments: