Thursday, June 9, 2011

Good News

Well- we have good date auction news: the New England Patriots cheerleaders will be making a special appearance from 7-9pm during the event! I'm really excited about it. They did a fabulous job when they attended in our very first date auction. I also think it will help draw even more people to the event.

In other good news, one of the guys who signed up for the date auction recruited 5 single ladies to participate too. That means we are now more than half way towards our bachelorette goal. We still need a lot more men, but it always takes longer to get the guys to sign up.

In not so good news, we got rejected from the large grant that I applied for a couple of months ago. That was the complicated grant that I spent a lot of time on. Someone had recommended that I apply for it, I actually didn't want to apply and now I wish that I didn't spend the time on it. We fit into their funding guidelines, but it wasn't a particularly strong fit. I can take some of what I wrote and use it in other grants, but it is still disappointing. I didn't get to any grant writing today- I have to do it tomorrow, it is so important. I was going to work on it tonight, but I was too tired.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I am off to read for a bit and then actually go to bed at a decent hour. Last night was another late one- I need to get out of this habit. I just started a good book called Violets of March- I sat outside tonight in a rocking chair on the porch and read, rather like a grandma! It was so relaxing. Until tomorrow friends..

2 comments:

ANEAT1 said...

Keep on keepin on!! You are an inspiration to us all;-) You can read a little about me at www.disablednotdumborstupid.blogspot.com/ I found your site by chance when I searched for "what can I do with my stuffed animals?" and there you were! Your organization is doing so much! We can do all things through Christ who strenghtens us. There may not be more hours in the day but remember even God rested on the 7th day;-) LOL Good luck and Hopefully I'll be able to form a chapter down here in PA. Regards and blessings. Anita in PA

ANEAT1 said...

Keep on keepin on!! You are an inspiration to us all;-) You can read a little about me at www.disablednotdumborstupid.blogspot.com/ I found your site by chance when I searched for "what can I do with my stuffed animals?" and there you were! Your organization is doing so much! We can do all things through Christ who strenghtens us. There may not be more hours in the day but remember even God rested on the 7th day;-) LOL Good luck and Hopefully I'll be able to form a chapter down here in PA. Regards and blessings. Anita in PA