Monday, June 20, 2011

Monday Marvels

Well, there really wasn't anything to marvel about today, but I liked the title! Today was a pretty good day though. I submitted a Foundation grant- which is always a great feeling of accomplishment. I did my usual sitting and staring at it for an excessive period of time until I finally clicked the submit button. They won't make a decision until September, but that is OK. We received funding from them 4 years ago and we applied for the same program. They ask you to apply for the same program if you already had past funding for it. Our program has expanded greatly since the originally funded it, so hopefully that will help us. Tomorrow, I have two more grants that I want to finish. One is due this week and the other needs to be submitted as soon as possible.

I did another donation of over 250 stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons to the Department of Children and Families today for children entering foster care. It is one of my favorite donations to do. The woman who I work with there is so nice and she is so happy to have our donations. I didn't get around to calling any other police/fire departments today to make follow up donations- I have to work on that tomorrow.

Tomorrow, I also need to work on setting up more calendar photo shoots. It always takes a long time to get the photos scheduled. I'm trying to get more police/fire departments involved, but I haven't heard back from a lot of people yet. I also need to keep working on getting auction items donated for our Anniversary event. The Wayside Inn gift certificate for dinner for two arrived today which was good. They have donated for the past couple of years. We also received a ticket donation for a Stadium theatre production. They are a beautiful theater in Woonsocket. They have donated for the past couple of years as well. Those are both good auction items. In other good news, TV Diner is donating a really cool certificate for the auction- it is different from what they have donated in the past. More details coming soon on that one.

I need to work on the date auction too, particularly recruiting fire fighters and other bachelors. We still need more ladies to sign up too. I also need to keep working on getting financial sponsors- we are still short on our sponsor goal.

There is so much to work on! I don't want to get overwhelmed, so I need to stop thinking about everything that needs to get done and focus on the most important things right now. My priority for tomorrow is grant writing, calendar work, contacting police/fire departments and doing some work on auction items. I just wrote my list!

Well, that's it for tonight. I was just watching Jay Leno- he had a lady who just turned 100 as a guest. She is very active and has all her faculties- quite inspiring! On that note, I'm off to check out the new books that I got at my Meet Up book swap tonight, then write my list (or copy from above), until tomorrow friends...

No comments: