Monday, June 27, 2011

Mixed Day

Well, today was a mixed day. We received a $500 grant from a local Foundation- we had applied for a $3,000 grant. I don't mean to sound ungrateful because I appreciate every donation that we receive. It's just that it is disappointing that they were only able to fund 20% of what we need. They did say that we could apply again at holiday time for a specific program which I will definitely do. I was really hoping that they would fund the entire grant. I definitely wasn't taking it for granted, but I was optimistic. The support our calendar every year and they awarded us grants before and it had been 3 years since we had last applied for a grant. Anyways, the good news is that they did make a donation, I can apply again at the end of the year and we have other grants that we're waiting on. I have another grant that I need to work on this week. On Friday, I mailed the other grant that I was working on.

So what else happened? Well, I did photos with babies from a moms group in the Attleboro area. They were such cute little kids- 5 little ones all under ten months old! The photos came out very cute. It was challenging to get them to look at the camera- babies don't exactly take direction!

In other news- we have a few more people signed up for the date auction. One girl who had been recommended to me decided that she didn't want to participate, but then another girl who had actually been auctioned off a couple of years ago asked to participate, so that worked out well. Things are moving along well with that. Tomorrow, I need to follow up with more date auction sponsors. I can't believe we are already 2 1/2 months until the event!

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I'm going to read for a bit. I started A Thousand Splendid Suns last night- very good so far, quite sad though. I already had a slice of lemon meringue pie- I'm holding off the urge to have some watermelon now- it is so delicious! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: