Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Getting Back on Track

So what's new in my week without blogging? Well, my cold is better- it took a turn for the worse on Friday, but I am feeling a lot better. I'm still really tired though and that has made it hard to get all the things done that I need to. I feel like a lot of people are on vacation this week- I've been trying to get in touch with a number of businesses and police departments, but it is hard been hard to get a hold of anyone.

Today, I was spending time researching date auction sponsors. I need to compile a new list of sponsors to reach out to. I do a lot of work to research businesses who would like to reach the young professional market in Boston, particularly women since most of our attendees are women. I did speak with potential sponsor and emailed the info to them. Of course, I feel that all of the companies that I reach out to would be perfect sponsors! I'm halfway to our sponsorship goal, so we are in a good place. In other good news, Jet Blue has donated two round trip tickets for the silent auction at the date auction! The airline tickets are always the biggest auction item at the date auction. We're also getting commitments for gift certificate donations for the date auction too- they are both two new donors. It feels good that things are progressing on the date auction front- it is only small progress, but we have just under 7 months to go, so that's fine.

In other good news, we sold our first tickets for the Step into Spring fashion show today. The tickets have been available for less than a week and I've only done a little marketing for it to our members so far, so that is awesome. It is going to be such an exciting event, I'm really looking forward to it. I paired up all the models with the stores that they are going to represent, so that is one more big thing all done. The fittings need to be scheduled next, but they don't occur until about 10 days before the show.

Well friends, I think that's it for tonight. I know this may not have been the most exciting blog post ever and there probably is lots more to write about, but I'm getting tired and can't remember too much. I'm off to eat my grapefruit and try to actually get to sleep early. Until tomorrow...

No comments: