Thursday, January 10, 2013

Quick Update

Well, this is going to be a quick update. I turned on my laptop at 10:30, intending to blog, but then I decided that I would send one email. However, if you're anything like me, you know that it is rather difficult to just send one email and then close your email window. There is always another email that can be sent and then another, and then all of a sudden you're on a whirlwind of emailing and researching to get the correct info before you send that next email- it never ends! So now, it is 12:30 and I'm just starting to blog. I'm trying to hold to my 1am bedtime and I still need to eat my grapefruit!

So what's the latest? I spent a lot of time on our fashion show fundraiser today- reaching out to potential hosts and food/beverage vendors. We have a soda company on board which I'm really happy about. It is called GuS soda and it is delicious! I tried it for the first time at Wine Fest last fall.

I'm still working on getting our Anniversary and Date Auction sponsor packets. The images for both packets are done- I need to take one more look at it and I also need to update the copy. The packets look great- I would love to sponsor both events if I saw them! I need to submit the Anniversary image to our web host and get it on our site. Next week, I will start working on auction items and sponsors- it is never too early to start. I already feel like I'm behind and it is still early January!

There is one item on my daily list that has been creeping along all week, but I haven't made any progress on- grant writing! There is a large grant that I need to get started on. It isn't due until April, but I want to get it done this month. Things are going to get a lot busier as the year progresses, so there is no reason to wait.

In other news, I went to the monthly WSN (Women's Success Network) meeting tonight. I particularly enjoyed this meeting because it was very interactive and everybody got to move around and chat with each other while playing a networking game. I love interactive events- sometimes, it can be so difficult to sit and listen to a speaker- especially right after having dinner.

Well, that's the latest. I'm off to enjoy this grapefruit and write my list. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: