Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Welcome 2013

Goodbye 2012- you were a wonderful year and welcome 2013! I hit the ground running today with getting things organized for the year. One of the first things was booking the venue for our next Date Auction. We are keeping it at Gypsy Bar, but moving it one week back to Friday, Sept. 20. It is a week later than we usually do because the previous Friday is Yom Kippur and I didn't want to conflict with that. I sifted through literally 97 pages of IStock images to choose the new image for Date Auction promotional material. Istock has thousands of images to select from, but it is still hard to find the perfect image. I had a couple that were possibilities, but when I saw this image, I knew it was the one.  I did keep going for another 10 pages just in case there was another perfect image, but I'm happy with the one I chose. It takes a while because you have to be sure that you're sending the right message with the image- it has to look engaging to both men and women, upbeat, sexy without being overt. It sounds simple, but it definitely takes time. I sent the image to Lisa, our designer, so she can download it and we can get the website updated with the new info. Tomorrow, I'll start working on updating the sponsorship packet and contacting potential hosts.

I also need to work on getting a new Anniversary Celebration image. I was going to do that today, but after staring at over a hundred pages of images for the Date Auction, I had had enough of graphic images! I love the multiple teddy bear image that we used last year- that was my favorite. I want to get an awesome image for this year's event, especially since it is our 10th Anniversary- that doesn't happen every day!

In good news- we are going to be getting a donation of 100 teddy bears from Build-a-Bear this month. I'm really happy about that. I've been doing so many donations recently that our supply of stuffed animals is actually getting a little low, so this is coming at a great time.

Copley Place reached out this morning to set up a meeting for our Smiling Stiletto fashion show fundraisers this year. I really like our fashion shows. They are small fundraisers, but they are also great for marketing exposure. I'm meeting with the marketing director on Monday.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. I'm planning for another day of being Polly Productive tomorrow! I'm now off to eat my grapefruit (some things never change in the new year!) and read some more of a mystery that I'm enjoying more and more. Until tomorrow friends...


No comments: