Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Welcome July

Greetings friends! Well, I'm a little late to the party with welcoming July- it has arrived over a week ago. So what's new? Things are moving along well. I've been getting some great calendar photos lately, so I'm really excited about that. We have a bunch of new children featured which is great. I'm not done with calendar sponsors, but we're making progress. I'm only at the half way point for photos, so there are still a lot to be done.

Last week, we donated stuffed animals, books and coloring books/crayons to a family homeless shelter which is going to be opening up in Providence this fall. It is called the Holy Family Shelter. It is being run by St. Edward's Church. A volunteer, Patti, emailed me last week and asked for help with items for the shelter. They closed a school this year and are renovating it into a shelter. The Church also has a food pantry and a medical office where a doctor meets patients weekly for free. The Church looks like it is doing a lot of great work in the community. I was happy that we were able to help and offered to donate more items if they need them once the shelter opens. Here is a photo from the donation.
Tomorrow morning, the first email blast recruiting eligible single guys and ladies for the Date Auction goes out. I waited until after the 4th July to officially start recruiting because it felt like it was too early- people don't really pay attention. However, we did sell another ticket for the Date Auction over the weekend which was excellent. I've been working on getting our promotions and partnerships lined up for the Date Auction marketing. Most of the big ones are taken care of, but there are still a few more things that need to get finalized. I also need to follow up with some gift bag donors to start getting items in hand.

Well friends, I'm off to do some office organizing- happy to say that my desk is getting neater and doesn't resemble a tornado landing zone- perhaps just a mild hurricane! Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: