Friday, March 28, 2008

Personal and Work

I had never realized how much personal issues can influence work on a level that one isn't even aware of. Example- I've been feeling really stressed and anxious with work for over a week. Now stressed and anxious aren't exactly new feelings for me, particularly with work. However, it has been especially troubling recently and I didn't fully understand why. It has been tough with fundraising, more difficult than usual, but that still didn't justify how I was feeling- stressed, incredibly tired, lacking motivation and not happpy. I wasn't even fully appreciating the good things that were going on. There was a personal issue that had been bothering me, but it never occurred to me that there was any relation between that issue and my work feelings. Anyways, last night I came to a conclusion about the personal issue and all of a sudden the weight was lifted and everything was better. I was happy and relieved and suddenly energized for work. This morning, I woke up an hour earlier than I had been and was happy to start work, particularly without feeling exhausted. So even though there wasn't a ton of results to show for my work today, it was OK. It just amazes me how my personal issue had such an influence on work feelings without my even realizing it.

Anyways, I'm feeling a little special tonight for a silly reason- we received our very first couriered package today. Now, we get mail daily- UPS, FedEx, stuffed animals dropped off personally, etc. However, today the Improper Bostonian had a package sent over by courier for our date auction and that is a first for us. What was in that package? It's a secret! Only to be revealed to those that attend our date auction (Friday, September 19 at Gypsy Bar, Boston)!

OK, that's it for tonight- heading to bed. There is other cool stuff to share as well, but that'll have to wait until next time. Until next time friends..

No comments: