Monday, March 24, 2008

New Week

Welcome to a new week! Three days without blogging- I missed it too. So what's new? My major focus today was the date auction- particularly finding financial sponsors. It is slow going, particularly difficult finding businesses that would be a good fit. I really do need some help in identifying potential sponsors. This is an excellent event and I'm sure that there are companies/organizations in Boston that would like to partner with us- but I need help in reaching them. Things are going better however with the auction items and gift certificates for the couples to use. I contacted a number of places and also found a lot of new places to add to our list. I ended up spending a lot more time today on the date auction sponsors than I had originally intended. It gets frustrating sometimes the amount of time that needs to be spent on fundraising. On a certain level, I enjoy the fundraising- I've always loved a challenge and fundraising is an incredible challenge. When the fundraising efforts work out and we have success- it is absolutely wonderful.

Well, that's it for tonight- this is a short posting I know, but I'm awfully tired and need to write my list for tomorrow. I will write more tomorrow, because there is good stuff going on as well. Anyways, until next time friends.
P.S. A happy birthday (yesterday) to my mom- without her never failing support and love, I can't imagine what my life would be.

No comments: