Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Tuesday News

I have readers! Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. It is quite a wonderful feeling to know that people are actually reading and I could really do with some good news tonight. It wasn't a bad day today, but it was one of those disappointing days when you feel you work hard, but accomplish little. There were a couple of positive things- I contacted some new places for auction items and I finally made contact with the manager at a well known Irish pub/restaurant in Boston that donated a gift card for our date auction last year. He is very supportive, so it was really nice speaking with him today. He is sending us a gift card for this year's auction. I didn't get through to anyone else today.

I probably shouldn't sound so down about things, but I am very concerned about how the economy is affecting our fundraising- now and for the rest of the year. Businesses are already cutting back and I'm worried that it is only going to get worse. I'm working on getting as many sponsors lined up now for our events and also work on grant application as early as we can- while there is still some money available. This week, I'm also going to start lining up our 2009 calendar sponsors. Does anyone have any suggestions for businesses/organizations who would be interested in supporting our work? Suggestions are always appreciated.

Anyways, back to work tomorrow and hopefully it will be a much better day. All the usual stuff to do and also working on event sponsors. I don't have any donations scheduled for this week, which is actually OK because there is a ton of work that needs to be done in the office. It is funny how things go- I'll have lousy days, then the next day will be awesome- it is really amazing how it can be such a roller coaster.
For those that read my blog- thank you. It really means a lot to me. Keep leaving comments too! Off to write my list for tomorrow and read for a few minutes before bed. Untl next time friends..

No comments: