Monday, June 29, 2009

Behind Schedule

So what's new? Well, I had a mini meltdown on Friday when it dawned on me that the date auction is only 2 1/2 months away. I know that may sound like a long time, but it really isn't. There is a lot that needs to be done- we need more ladies to auction off, our police/fire recruiting is only in its early stages, event fliers to be finalized, programs designed, marketing done, more financial sponsors, more gift certificates for the couples, more gift bag items, volunteers, silent auction items. Yes, there is a lot. We are making progress though- we have people signed up to be auctioned off, venue is ready, hosts are all set, half way to our sponsor goal, half way to the amount of gift certificates needed, our awesome tote bags are ready, we have some gift bag items, tix are ready for sale on our website- so we are moving along. It's just scary to think how quickly the event is approaching and we do still have a long way to go to be ready. But I did it last year and things went great, so we will do it again. I went through the same anxiety before, so it's not new, but that doesn't make me worry any less.

So what else is going on? I can't remember, I'm focused on how many things on my list are still unchecked. I went back into my office to work around 10:30, but started doing other things online- starting a cooking group on Meet Up and chatting with friends on Facebook and didn't get any work done. It's midnite now and I should go back and work, at least finish 3 things. Except, I know that when I start working, I'll get into the zone and won't go to bed until 3am. I went to bed at that time last night, but I wasn't working- just doing other little things and reading- just wasn't ready to sleep. I'm sorry, I don't mean to be so boring tonight. The new month is also right around the corner and I feel like I need to catch up on a lot of things so that we cant start July nice and fresh- without carrying over a list of items from June that really should have been done already.

With that said, I'm going to make this a short blog and go back to work- I can't go to bed knowing there is this much left undone today. I will try to give myself a time limit- bed no later than 2am, ideally 1am. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: