Monday, June 1, 2009

Tote Bags!

Our tote bags have arrived! Actually, they arrived last week, but I didn't realize what they were, I thought they were boxes of stuffed animals- I was really busy and hadn't gotten to sorting in a little while. Last night, I was catching up on sorting and I opened the first box- imagine my surprise when I saw gorgeous green tote bags with our name, website and logo. They look terrific. The color is even better than the sample bag and the print quality is first rate. The bags are even better than I imagined. I was so excited when I opened the box, I actually gave a little scream! I can't wait to give them out at the date auction. I'm going to bring them to our event in CT on June 13 so we can start getting them out in circulation. I'm really glad that I ordered these bags- we need to get our name out there as much as possible and since tote bags are now so popular, this is good marketing. I am so proud of these bags, they really look awesome. I'm going to put a photo of them on our website and FB page too. They even have little side pockets that are perfect for a small bottle or other little items.

So what else is new? Well, we have a new sponsor for our date auction. It is not a platinum sponorship, but it is financial support and that's what is most important right now. It is a great company are our event is a perfect fit for their target audience, so I'm really happy to have them on board. We're still short of our financial sponsorship goal, but at least we making some more progress. Today, we also got another sponsor for our Anniversary Celebration- it is a smaller sponsorship than I had been hoping for, but at least it is something. I was a little nervous when I picked up the mail today- the envelope was very thin and I had a moment of mini panic that it was going to be a letter of rejection. We also got some new auction items in for our anniversary event- museum admissions, interior design gift certificate and another one that I can't remember right now.

I was sick at the end of last week, so there were quite a few things that I didn't get to. If I'm not feeling well, my productivity simply crawls. I was feeling a lot better today, but overwhelmed by all the different things that I have to do. I have a lot of big things to work on and also a lot of smaller things- bills to pay, letters that need sent, web updates to send our web host, June newsletter to write, etc. and a messy office to clean. I was planning on working on those things tonight, but my usual evening energy burst has yet to strike and I feel like I just need to sleep. I also need to start contacting police/fire departments for calendar photos- I can't believe it is already photo time. I always forget how much fun it is do the photos.

Well, that's it for tonight. I don't know what I'm going to do right now- it is 12:40 and I should go to bed so I can wake up at a decent hour and have amazing morning productivity, instead of going back to work until 2am and being my usual morning self- body awake, brain five steps behind. Anyways, hopefully tomorrow- I will have fab news on life at Project Smile. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: