Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Tuesday News

This is going to be a quick blog- I went to bed after 2am and overslept this morning, then I had to hightail it out the door to be in Boston for our 4th donation to the Dept. of Children and Families. We had our PS Board of Directors meeting tonight. We hadn't met in a while, so it was good to get together. Michelle just joined our board and I'm really happy that she did. She has a ton of energy and enthusiasm and she has been supporting Project Smile for almost 4 years anyways, so it is a good fit to have her on our board. I am looking to expand our board even more. The meeting went well, we reviewed a lot of things, there were a lot of good ideas shared and everyone has action items to work on.

Tomorrow morning, I have to be in Tewksbury for donations to the police and fire departments, then I'm picking up a collection of stuffed animals from a local elementary school. We rarely ever make pick-ups, but this school collected them for us and I wanted to make sure we donated to the local departments. Since I'm going to be in their town, it isn't a big deal to pick up their donation. I have a lot of work to get back to. I need to finish our June newsletter and then I have to send a lot of updates to our web host. Tomorrow, I'm also focusing on obtaining financial sponsors for our events. I found out today that two more businesses that sponsored our Anniversary Celebration are not going to be supporting us this year, so that was really disappointing. There is also another fundraising angle that I want to explore, it is very basic, but is very productive for many charities. I also have a lot of following up to do with calendar participants and date auction outreach.

I should get to bed early- it is 12:30 now. I didn't exercise yesterday or today, so I need to wake up early enough tomorrow to get my cardio in before heading out. I have to write my list- I get quite lost sometimes without my list. Until next time friends...

No comments: