Monday, June 21, 2010

Photo Day

Today was a photo day, I did 2 photo shoots today. This morning I was in Franklin taking photos with a group of children from a moms club. The children were really young, but they did a great job. I always try to move as fast as possible when dealing with little kids. The photos came out really cute. This afternoon, I was doing photos at a local fire department. I have 3 photos scheduled for tomorrow, then one on Thursday. We still have a lot more photo shoots to schedule, but we're making progress. I still have that last calendar month to fill, I need to get working on that more.

I think I forgot to mention, we got a pair of round trip airline tickets donated for our date auction, so that will be great. We've been getting some really good auction items in lately. The Marriott hotel donated an overnight stay at any of their hotels- I love it when the hotels donate gift certificates that can be used at any of their locations.

So what else is happening? I need to keep working on date auction marketing. One of the magazines that used to donate an ad space isn't able to donate anymore. I can purchase an ad for a good discount, but it is still a little pricey. Some people have told me not to do it- people whose opinions I value. My instinct is that I should take out the ad though. I'm not sure what I'm going to do- obviously I don't want to spend the money, but I do want to reach as many people as possible. I read this magazine all the time and I know it is popular. I still have other a month to decide. We're working with a new website to help promote our date auction as well, so that is good. I've been reaching out to other places as well to add to our marketing- there is no such thing as too much event marketing.

Well, I'm going back to work. I have a lot of emails to send and I need to clean up my office. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: