Monday, June 14, 2010

Calendar Photos

Calendar photos officially started today. I always forget how much fun it is until I start doing them again. It really is a blast. It is so much fun to meet the families, take photos and then go back to work, load the photos in and find the perfect one- I love it. I did two photo shoots in Upton today of local families. I'm broadening the calendar more to include other families besides police and fire fighters. There is a long way to go to get the calendar photos done, it feels great to be started.

Another calendar sponsor is back on board today, so that was good news. I still have two months unsold, which isn't too bad. I also got some new cool auction items. I'm way short on gift certificates for the date auction couples though, that has been really slow. I'm going to start contacting restaurants outside of Boston now- ones in Cambridge, Newton, etc. Maybe it will be a little easier than Boston places.

The mom who called me last week to thank us after her daughter received our stuffed animal did email us her story- it is an awesome email. We will definitely include it in our grants. It is really important to have letters like that. The only other one that I have was from 2007, so it is great that we can circulate a new one.

I have a meeting tomorrow morning with a potential date auction sponsor, so wish me luck! Our event would be a great fit for her business, so hopefully it will go well. I will keep you posted. We're still short on our date auction sponsorship goal, so it will be a big help to have this sponsor on board.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I'm going to clean my office- I was home early tonight and already got started. Then I'm going to write my list, I've been slipping a lot with my list writing and need to get back on track. Until tomorrow...

No comments: