Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Welcome June

I can't believe we are already in June, the half way point of the year. It is a little overwhelming because the pace really picks up for what we need to get done- calendar photo shoots need to be scheduled, the rest of the calendar ads sold and a ton of date auction and anniversary celebration work. We're not particularly behind on things right now, but there is so much more that needs to be done. I go through this every year and it works out fine in the end, one would think that I would be calm by now- but I'm not. Just because it worked out before, doesn't guarantee it will work out this time. I need to stop thinking about the big picture and focus on all the smaller, immediate tasks that need to get done- then the bigger picture falls into place.

Anyways, so what's new? Well, we are getting some good auction items coming lately- golf outings, theater tickets, restaurant certificates and others. We still don't have a guest speaker for our anniversary event. I made some follow up phone calls today, so hopefully we will get some good news soon. I really want to get this taken care of as soon as possible, so I can move onto other things.

I did get our June newsletter finished today, Lisa formatted it and our web host has it now, so it should go out soon. I used to do a monthly newsletter, but I've missed quite a few months recently. I need to get back to our monthly news. There really is no excuse not to get it done. I know that I get caught up with other tasks and the newsletter slips down the totem pole, but that isn't acceptable. We need to have a consistent monthly newsletter- our mailing list is the largest it has ever been and we need to stay in touch with our supporters. No more missing months!

Well, I am getting energized and I'm going to head back to work, I have a million things to catch up on and now is a good time to do it. Until next time friends..

No comments: