Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Wednesday Happenings

Did you ever have a day where you worked hard, but don't remember a single thing you did? I had that kind of day. Before I started blogging, I was thinking about my day and realized I didn't really remember very much. I did contact two anniversary event sponsors that I hadn't yet reached out to. In good calendar news, another sponsor is back on board, so now we are only 1 1/2 months short, so that isn't too bad. I haven't scheduled anymore calendar shoots yet- I have quite a few for next week and I spoke with a number of people, but there are still a lot more to schedule. The scheduling part is always the hardest- doing the photos is easy. It gets frustrating sometimes trying to get them all scheduled and constantly following up with people.

We're moving along with gift certificates for the date auction- we're still short on the 40 that we need, but quite a bit of progress has been made lately. I need 8 more ladies to be auctioned and a lot of men. We're way short on fire fighters and police- it always takes a while to get them signed up, so that is hardly new. I always hate it though- in my perfect world, I would have all the bachelors signed up by now, photos and profile info in hand and ready to go. Of course, in my perfect world, I would have a few million dollars in the bank too!

I did mail stuffed animals to a Cape Cod police department today, I have a box of coloring books/crayons and reading books to send them tomorrow as well. I was supposed to drop them off a while ago, but wasn't able to. I would have liked to have done a photograph with them, but it is simpler to just mail the items. I have so much work here that needs done, it is hard to take all the time to drive down there. There is another department that I need to mail stuffed animals to as well.

Well friends, I think that's it for tonight. I know this was not exactly the most fascinating blog. Quick update- the meeting with the potential date auction sponsor was canceled. We have a tentative reschedule date in July, so I'll let you know. I also used LinkedIn yesterday to help get an auction item donor on board. I was on my account for another reason and I saw the list of potential connections that I may know- i shared quite a few connections with this one lady, so I clicked on her profile to find out more about her. It turns out, she was pretty interesting, she started her own biscotti making company in RI. I decided to call her and see if she would be interested in donating a gift basket for our anniversary event. She was so nice on the phone and agreed to donate. I'm going to put more effort into using LinkedIn. I've had my account on there for ages, but outside of adding connections, I don't really utilize it. I'm going to change that.

Anyways. I'm off to eat a few more cherries and some more delicious cheese and crackers. I bought a phenomenal cheese on Sunday and can't get enough of it. I can't even pronounce the name of it or remember how to spell it, I've never had it before- I need to write it down, so the next time I go to my favorite Italian food store in Providence, I will see if they have it there. Ah, delicious food- how wonderful it is! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: