Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Wednesday Happenings

Today was a little bit of everything- I worked on a grant (I'm about halfway done), reached out to calendar participants, followed up with potential event sponsors and worked on auction items. I also sorted my desk- somewhat. There is still a lot more to do. In good news- there was a guy who was the winning bidder on a autographed sports picture at the Wine Fest silent auction last month. I had left him two messages but never heard back. The paperwork was still on my desk so I decided to give it one last shot. He answered the phone, was very happy to hear from me, (he said he didn't get the messages), gave me his credit card info over the phone and is going to pick up the picture next Tuesday. I was so happy that I followed up with him again. It inspired me to follow up with other potential date auction sponsors. You never know when that last phone call or email can be the one that gets through to the person and gets a good result. I didn't get through to any sponsors, but I'm glad that I reached out to people.

There is so much work that needs to get done- I know I go through this every year, but it doesn't make it feel any better. I have another meeting next week with the event planning company about the large fundraiser that I want to do next year in Boston. They submitted their proposal, but there are significant changes that need to be made. Hopefully, we can work it all out- it all will come down to making the numbers work. I am excited for the event- it will be fabulous!

I was going to go back to work, particularly on emails that need to be sent, but I'm getting tired. I'm going to have some crackers/cheese and then head to bed. I already had my watermelon and blueberries tonight. I love good food! I also want to read, but my eyes are hurting, so that probably won't be happening. Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: