Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Better Days

So it was a much better day today. I spent a lot of time working on the grant that's due Friday and was able to get a lot accomplished. I sent it to one of our board members who has a lot of grant experience for her to review. I hadn't done much grant work recently and I think that was part of the reason I was struggling yesterday. It is kind of like exercising- if you don't exercise for a few days, it can be difficult when you start again. I still have some work to do for the grant- photocopying forms and getting the rest of the grant package together, but the hardest part is almost done.

So what else happened today? I did get some work done on our Halloween event, I reached out to another sponsor. There were a lot of items on my list that I didn't get to today (do I ever get it all done??), but that was because of the grant and that was extremely important to get accomplished. There was some good news though- I spoke with a lady who is interested in volunteering. She lives nearby, has work experience, has time to volunteer and wants to help! Sounds great to me! She is coming over on Friday to meet. I really need the additional help, so I am looking forward to meeting with her.

Well, that's the latest. I'm going to go and work on the grant some more, write thank you notes for our latest auction items and respond to emails. I'm off to a Malden nursing home and Lynn fire tomorrow, so I need to get this stuff wrapped up tonight. So until next time friends...


In loving memory: Vincent "Jimmy" Pasacane, April 15, 1906- April 3, 1994.

No comments: