Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Wal Mart Donation

Our $1,000 Wal Mart Donation came through! This was our 3rd consecutive donation from them which, in itself is terrific, but this is even more special because I really didn't think it was going to happen. Now, I never automatically assume that we're going to get any type of donation- that is just arrogant. However, there are certain things that one has a good feeling about (usually with reason) or not. The lady who is my connection at our local Wal Mart has always been very supportive and helpful. When I contacted her a couple of months ago she said that Wal Mart had changed their donation guidelines, so she wasn't sure if our application would get approved. I was anxious, very anxious, because that was not good news at all. Combined with the fact that fundraising has been very slow this year (with the exception of TJX and Jen's event), that was extra bad news. So when I got the call saying that our check was ready- I was so happy. It actually took me back to that spring morning three years ago when I got the first call. I still remember standing at my desk, looking out the window after Dotty called and thinking how bright everything looked outside- how it looked almost as bright as I was feeling. The donation was one of our largest then and it was a sign to me that things were going to be OK- that not only were we holding our own, but we our base of support was growing. There was also a feeling of relief- things were so fragile then financially, that every donation meant that we could fight on a little bit longer.

So that is the latest in good news. What else is new? I've been struggling with getting enough accomplished during the day (not a new problem)- but it seems this week that time disappears and I haven't finished nearly enough things. So tomorrow, I will write out my goals for the month of May. I don't think that I'm slow when it comes to work, perhaps the biggest problem is that I've underestimated the amount of time that it takes to get certain things accomplished. Anyways, also trying to get to bed earlier- so I'm off now to respond to a few emails that need answered tonight and then write my list for tomorrow. Until next time...

No comments: