Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Grant Angst

I have grant angst right now- doesn't that sound like a medical condition? It's the same grant that I've been working on the last few days. It's due on Friday and I need to finish it tonight- I don't want to work tomorrow or Friday- besides that, I don't like having things unfinished. The grant isn't event that difficult, I don't know why it is becoming such a big deal- it is simply for maintaining funding for our program. This bank has funded us for the past two years and I need them to continue. I don't want to submit the exact same grant as last year, but then again our program hasn't really changed- we've expanded to work with DCF, but our core program is still the same, so there isn't that much new info to add beyond this year's updates. Maybe I'm overthinking things- I have that habit sometimes.

I finally signed up for Facebook tonight- most of my friends have been telling me to sign up for ages and other people have recommended for networking as well, so I finally did it. My profile only has a little info on it and I've added a few friends and links to this blog and the PS website. I need to spend more time filling out the profile and connecting with other people. I also want to add some new photos on my blog- we have lots of great photos from the '09 calendar, I'd like to put some up. It's so hard to choose the photos, there are always a lot of great ones that don't make it in there. We did photos of a local FF who had a huge family- he had 6 or 7 kids and they were all there for calendar photos. The photos came out awesome, they were a great family- the kids were so cute- we only used two photos, but there were at least 3 others that I really wanted to use. That was the largest family that I've ever photographed.

Anyways, that's about it for tonight- I'm excited for Thanksgiving- which will be here in 4 minutes! This grant just needs to get done- I don't know what else to do with it. So I'm going to go back and work on it, then I can print the baby out, write a fabulous cover letter, put the package together and seal the envelope- all ready to be delivered on Friday- then I can relax, go to bed and dream of turkey and other wickedly wonderful things.... Doesn't that sound like a plan? Thanksgiving is here! Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

No comments: