Friday, November 14, 2008

Latest News

I must be a blogging addict- I was going to go to bed without blogging because I'm really tired, my eyes hurt and I have a headache (I don't get headaches very often), but it didn't feel right not to blog- so here I am! I don't even have anything of earth shattering importance to share. I technically finished my grant which is due on Saturday, I'm at the sitting stage- where I reread it 50 times and make sure everything is clear, mistake free and the best it can be. I need to read it again in the morning because I'm not sure that it is perfect. Since it needs to be overnighted tomorrow and I'm planning on going to Worcester, I can't spend that much more time with it.

I did our donation to Goodwill Industries for their annual childrens party today. We donated approximately 150 stuffed animals, books and small toys. Since we don't have a Christmas event of our own (yet), I'm really happy that we can partner with other groups that have events, it is particularly meaningful this year where there are so many more families that are hurting and less money for organizations to help provide items. Goodwill was very busy today with people lined up for their job training classes- such a reminder of just how many people are out of work right now. I consider myself very lucky that at least I don't have to worry about going into work one morning and finding out that I don't have a job. I always worry about our financial situation (as everyone knows who reads my blog), but it is a different type of worry.

I haven't heard back from the company who wanted to donate the 1,200 stuffed animals, so I don't know what will happen with that. I was working on calendar sales phone calls today, but had trouble getting through to people. I am heading up to Quincy next week, that department has always been very supportive.

I'm tired- I can't remember what else I wanted to write about. I went to bed at 3:30 last night- no, wasn't working- I went to switch off the office computer and started playing around with a Snapfish program that I had open. They were offering a free photo book through the Oprah show ($29 value), so I started working on one and I had never done it before so it took a while. When I start working on things I usually like to keep going until it is done- I hate leaving things unfinished. So, 12:30 became 3:30 when it was done. It is a hardcover photo book of family photos from the last few years- I'm doing it as a Christmas gift for my mom. I'm really excited to see it.

My office is improving. I went to Home Goods again tonight and bought a few more storage boxes for my bookshelves and it is really helping to organize and make things look more visually appealing. It is hard because I have a lot of office things that I need and not a lot of space, but these boxes really do help.

Anyways, I'm getting boring- when one starts writing about storage boxes in their blog it is a bad sign. I'm off to bed- it is 12:40- must write my list, I didn't do that last night. I'm glad I blogged- now I can go to bed relaxed. Until next time friends..

No comments: