Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Inspired

Well, I should be in bed, it is 12:30, but I wanted to write briefly. So, I saw Dirty Dancing the show tonight and it was so fantastic- I absolutely loved it. I hardly ever go to see shows, so this was a major treat and it was wonderful. I know that my Dirty Dancing thoughts have nothing to do with Project Smile, but seeing the show has inspired me to make some changes in life and work. I always find inspiration from odd sources, but there is something about seeing a beautiful production in front of you and watching performers at the top of their game that inspires the viewer to be the best that they can be at whatever it is they want to do. So tomorrow, after I get back on my run to Worcester, I am going to sit down at my desk and focus on changing a few things. I want to improve how I communicate on certain things and there are other things I want to work on too.

Seeing the show tonight reminded me of how important it is to take advantage of every opportunity and not let moments slip away or make poor decisions. It is frightening sometimes how quickly time passes by. I have so much that I want to do, both personally and professionally and I don't want my time to slip away. I never think of Project Smile in terms of what we have accomplished, to me that is almost meaningless- what drives me is the vision of where we are going. It's not that I'm obsessed with a time line or a list of goals that I have to check off- it's about taking advantage of the few precious years that we have on this planet and making something of them and becoming the best person that I can. I know that I an nowhere near the best that I can be- I have so much more to learn, more to grow and more to achieve. I have grown a lot in the last couple of years and I am really happy with the steps that I have taken both personally and professionally. I consider myself lucky in many ways- to have a family I adore, great friends that I spend time with, a job that I love and the simple fact of being healthy and able bodied. So I want to take all the good things and keep building a life that will be truly fulfilling.

Anyways, that's enough for tonight. I'm tired and need sleep.

No comments: