Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sick

I'm a sickie- this is not good. It started yesterday and now I'm starting to feel worse. It's one of those annoying times when you feel sick, but not sick enough to justify lying in bed and doing nothing, but too lousy to concentrate and accomplish any work. I was sitting in front of the computer today trying to work on a grant, but couldn't focus and didn't get anything written. I was doing a bit of work on the date auction yesterday. I need to get a sponsorship package together and get cracking on obtaining sponsors. I know it is hard, but this is an awesome event and we will find financial sponsors. I also need to start working on our anniversary sponsors.

I had an almost mini meltdown this afternoon which was spawned partly because I was feeling crappy and then also because I felt like I'm bleeding money. I just got a bill in for PS work that I didn't expect. There is a lot of money going out or will be going out shortly and right now, we have very little coming in. We just got the Foundation grant that keeps things on the level for right now, but I am worried. The good news is that we have the Worcester Sharks game and auction coming up on Feb. 21, and the silent auction at Flirt Fest which both are not incurring any expenses. Of course, there is the valentines event next Thursday which is a cool, fun event. It's the type of event that I would want to go to if I saw it. I'm just worried about getting enough people there. It got even better with the addition of the salsa band. I don't know what else I can do to ensure a successful event. I'm trying to relax about it, but it is really hard to do.

I feel like I've made some mistakes in the last couple of months. I don't want to go into the details of it, but I'm going to learn from it and handle things better in the future. They aren't disaster causing mistakes, things will be fine- but it is definitely a learning experience. I also feel like things haven't started off this year the way I want them to, so I'm going to make a major effort to get things back on track. These are also really difficult times for a lot of people, so I know I can't get too upset about things. I have a job, a job that I love at that and I don't have to worry about getting laid off. We also have enough money to keep things running and all our bills paid on time, so considering the way things are with the economy, that is something to be happy about.

Well, my ears are hurting and I feel yucky- I'm going to go eat some grapefruit. I hope I don't get any sicker, I have so much to do. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: