Friday, May 15, 2009

Friends

I've been really lacking with my blogging lately- I'm sorry about that. This week has been really stressful with work, particularly with fundraising, and I've been really anxious about where our financial support is actually going to be coming from for the remainder of the year. I need to cast the net wider and find new avenues of financial support.

It is so important to have caring and supportive people in your life. I always appreciate the love and support that I get from my family and my awesome friends, but there are particular times that make you feel even more grateful. There was a very upsetting event that happened to me last night- it is a personal matter and not worth discussing in detail, but it left me very upset. I was able to reach out to my family and friends and it made all the difference. It is so wonderful to know that when things are sad and difficult you have people who care enough about you that you can call them anytime and they will be there. I will never take that for granted because I remember the days when I didn't have friends like that in my life. As much as I write about how important my work is to me, how happy it makes me and how desperately I want Project Smile to become a national charity, I also know that just as important is the relationships and friendships that one has in their life.

Things have been a struggle lately- they're always a struggle, so that is hardly new, but lately it seems that I'm on the downside of the rollercoaster more than I am on top. However, I feel that things are going to turn a corner and we are going to enter a better phase. I feel like I've been slipping on certain work things a bit, partly because I have been so stressed with financial issues, but I'm going to get back on a decent schedule and focus on all the small things that need to get done instead of getting overwhelmed with the bigger picture. Small is beautiful!

There are other things to talk about, but I'm getting tired and I can't remember. So unti next time friends..

No comments: