Thursday, May 21, 2009

Grace

So what's new? Well, I've been slipping with my blogging again- too many late nights out at events- lots of fun events though! There were no fantastic revelations these last few days, the checks for tens of thousand of dollars have not rolled in, but I've been working steadily on auction items and sponsors. I've also signed up more singles to be auctioned off- we have an awesome line-up so far of really cool single guys and ladies. I don't have any positive news in regards to date auction financial sponsors, but I do have more committments for auction items.

I've always believed in being graceful under pressure and to always take the high road. It doesn't really matter what other people's actions are, I have no control over that, but what does matter is my reaction. Hurt never heals hurt. When someone says things that are hurtful or acts in a hurtful manner- reacting the same way never improves the situation. It doesn't even make one feel any better. I made a decision this afternoon in a personal situation, when I made that decision I knew it wasn't the easy way out, I had to change a decision I had already made a week ago, but my instinct told me that it was the right thing to do. My decision changed after some discussion with the person involved. There are certain things in regards to this personal situation that I will never know or understand, but it doesn't really matter- it doesn't change the outcome.

I believe in forgiveness- not for everything, but for many things. It is too exhausting and draining to hold onto feelings of anger and hurt. Life is too short for that. In this situation, I had already let go of those feelings days ago, so it was easier to change my mind today.

I want my life and the lives of those around me to be full of happiness. I have a huge amount of stress (as many people do)- with both work and personal life, but I'm also very happy- I'm so grateful for my family that I adore, my wonderful friends, my work, my health- there is so much to be happy about. I remember the days when things weren't like this, so when I see people who are missing certain things in their life, my natural istinct is to do what I can to make things a little easier, a little happier for them. Today, when I made that decision, I did something that made things happier for someone else, even though it wasn't the easiest choice for me. Tonight, I'm glad that I did.

Anyways, enough on that topic. I'm tired, it is almost 1am. I had a mini mountain of things that I was going to do when I got home tonight, but I didn't do anything. Tomorrow will be a good day to catch up on some things since most people leave work early for the holiday weekend and I probably won't be able to reach many people. Until next time friends..

No comments: