Tuesday, September 14, 2010

3 Days

Well, here we are- nine months of work is coming down to 2 1/2 hours on Friday. It is funny to think of how all the countless hours of work comes down to such a brief period of time- so much pressure packed into such a tiny thing. So how are things looking for the date auction? Looking good. Our program is at the printers, Marie, a graphic designer I met through my DWC networking group generously donated her time to do the program and did a lovely job, the advertising is all looking good, gift bags are stuffed, silent auction bid sheets are done, volunteer duties all printed out, credit card machine tested and ready go, volunteers confirmed, bachelors/ettes are hopefully ready to flaunt, hosts are all set, rental items confirmed, ticket sales are steadily increasing- things are on the right track. The Yelp newsletter which features the date auction should be coming out tomorrow and it looks like we are going to be in Thursday's Boston Globe which is pretty awesome! There are still some little things that need to be done- I need to get batteries for the table lamps, another extension cord and power strip, put some more gift certificates into envelopes for the couples, get small bills (very important since we have so many door sales), buy a few read heart balloons, pick up the programs tomorrow and pick up 4 gift certificates in Boston. I also have to choose my outfit too!

I am feeling good about things, I think I made good decisions with my event planning and I've been paying attention to the details, outside of the little things that all need done, there isn't much else I can do. I also have to keep working on the Anniversary event and getting people to come to that one. I am also super nervous and have been having crazy anxiety dreams about the date auction. This morning, I dreamed that my boyfriend and I decided to go to Market Basket in Chelsea on Friday morning (my favorite supermarket) and we got caught up buying all this food- I looked at the time and it was 12:45, I was supposed to be home at 1pm in order to load up my car and my friend's who was helping me and putting stuff in his car. I leave my bf at the store, jump into my car and end up driving the wrong way on the Mass Pike. I pull over in Framingham, trying to find a faster way and end up driving in circles. I woke up in panic. That was just one dream- there have been many wild ones about the event!

Anyways friends, it is midnight and I am off to bed. I got a new book from the library that I haven't even started and I'm excited to read it- Sarah's Keys. I could go back and work some more, but I need to stop and relax. Things have been going non stop and I think I can slow it down a little bit for the rest of the night at least. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: