Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Night Before

Well, here we are again- the night before another big event. Our Anniversary Celebration is very different from our date auction, but the feelings are still the same- nervous and excited. I feel like I've done everything that I could do to ensure a good event, I've put the word out, I've asked other people to help promote and share the event with their connections. If we can match last year's attendance, that would be awesome. We have over 115 silent auction items, which is fabulous. I finally got all the bid sheets done. I was up until 3am the night before last to get almost all of them done. It takes a lot of time because you have to describe the item and then list an opening bid- that takes a little time because you don't want to start the bids too high or go too low. I still have to work on my speech for tomorrow, but everything else is looking good. I've confirmed with our special guests, musicians, balloon company, friend who is bringing the projector so I can play a calendar photo slide show, credit card machine is all ready to go. I hope there is nothing that I've missed. I am nervous, I've worked so hard on this event, spent so many hours- it needs to be a success to justify all this time and effort. I ordered some extra food, because the food did run out last year and I got a bigger cake. It was a very nice surprise today when I went to pick up the cake, Konditor Meister, the awesome bakery in Braintree, donated the cake! I had faxed over a letter asking for a discount on the cake, I wasn't actually expecting that they would donate the cake.

Well, I am off to work on my speech for tomorrow and check- for the umpteenth time, that I have everything for tomorrow. One of the good things is that the event is only a ten minute drive from home, so I can always dash back home for something- but I want to avoid that. I've never had to do that before. I'm going to get to the Doubltree super early, 2pm tomorrow. The event doesn't start until 6:30, but I like to set everything up and relax. I will bring my book with me and if I have down time and no one else is around, I will read for a while. Please wish me luck! I hope we have a great turn out and everyone has a good time and wants to come back next year and bring their friends and of course, I hope that we raise a lot of money- those are the two goals for tomorrow. The financial aspect is the biggest priority. I will let you know how it goes- I know I've been a lousy blogger lately and I'm sorry for not updating the way I should be. I need to fix that.

Until next time friends... here's hoping that it will all pay off and we will have a wonderful night!

No comments: