Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Non Stop

Well, it's crunch time- I've been working almost straight through since 9am this morning and I still have a million things to do. I mailed the majority of our Anniversary event invitations today and Lisa finalized the email invitation- both of which are big things. It takes a long time to send the invitations because I add a personal note with each one, I always like to get personalized invitations, I think it really makes a difference. The invitation looks really smart.

I have been having so many anxiety dreams about the date auction, it is dreadful. The other night, I dreamed that I switched the venue last minute and didn't even look at the place before I booked it. I turned up on date auction night and the venue was dreadful, totally inappropriate for what we needed. I've also been dreaming that I keep forgetting things- I turn up without table cloths, without small change, the credit card machine doesn't work, the resounding theme is that I'm horribly unprepared for the date auction in my dreams. Tonight, I went down to IParty to buy table covers, so hopefully now I can stop dreaming about them!

The ad in Stuff Magazine came out yesterday and it looks great- we have awesome positioning in the middle of the magazine and top of the page. I'm glad that I bought the ad. The mass email from Boston Event Guide also went out today. The Yelp feature is next week. I need to email the lady at the Globe again, hopefully she can write about us again, that was awesome last year. One of the girls being auctioned off has a friend who is the executive producer at Maddy in the Morning on KISS, she got her friend to write about the date auction in her work blog- nice exposure there. It is such a big help when the people being auctioned promote the event to their network, that is the best marketing.

Well, it is midnight and I'm going back to work. I have a lot of emails to send, particularly to people who have promised auction items for both events. I also need to email updates to our hosts, but that might have to wait until morning. I'm getting tired and I don't want to work crazy late. Wish me luck friends- there is so much to get done! Until tomorrow...

No comments: