Friday, April 26, 2013

Fashion Show Success

Well friends, I'm happy to announce that the Smiling Stiletto Step into Spring fashion show fundraiser was a success! It was the best one that we've done so far, which is awesome! The fashions were really great- I could even hear some people in the audience ooh and aah over some of the outfits. We had the best selection of food that we've ever had. All the vendors were really energetic and did an excellent job. A big thanks goes out to Copley Place and all the effort that they made. MLR Artist Management for their hair/make-up for our models, the NE Art Institute for their volunteers who helped run the show, our lovely models and our vendors: Voli Vodka, GuS Soda, Finale, Whichit Sandwiches, LaCascia's Bakery, The Good Life Kitchen and Pretzel Crisps. Jackie Bruno, anchor/reporter from NECN, was a lovely host. She had a lot of enthusiasm and did a great job. We've been really lucky with the wonderful hosts that we've had for our shows. Thank you to everyone who attended. I hope they had as much fun as I did!

I made sure to take time to actually take it all in at the event. With events, it is very easy to get caught up in the details of making sure everything runs smoothly and greeting and mingling with guests, that it can be easy to forget to actually take it all in and enjoy the moment. As the show was going on, I reminded myself to stop thinking about which models were coming out next and instead, focus on actually seeing what was happening. When you slow yourself down and actually take the time to enjoy the moment, to look around you and marvel at it all- it is really something. If someone would have told me when I was a teenager of all the stuff that I would get to do as a grown up, I would have been so happy. I get stressed out a lot with Project Smile, but I consider myself amazingly lucky for all the wonderful things that have happened to me because of my work.

Well, that's the latest for tonight. It is almost 1AM and I'm off to bed, but first, I will munch on a little bit more of this delicious Lindt chocolate Easter bunny. Blogging followed by a snack- they just go together so perfectly! Until next time friends..

No comments: