Monday, March 29, 2010

Sponsors!

Good news- we have another date auction sponsor commitment. It is a returning sponsor from last year and they are actually increasing their sponsorship, so I am very happy about that. I've also been speaking with some other potential sponsors and I think we might be getting a couple of them on board. It feels so good to be making progress. I'm going to another networking event on Wednesday, so hopefully I'll be able to make some more connections. I was reading an article in the Globe on Sunday and found some other organizations that I want to reach out to.

I got a call last week from a police department in NJ that wants to have a Project Smile donation. There located close to NYC, so I think I will drive them down. I'll try to contact some other departments near them so we can make it an even larger donation. It costs so much money to ship the donations, it will probably be actually cheaper to drive.

There was a sad thing that happened recently. On Saturday, I went to the funeral for the son of someone I know. The son, who was close to my age, committed suicide. I never knew the son, but I knew the father personally for quite a few years. The father is one of the nicest people that I know. He supported Project Smile for many years too. The news in itself was shocking and the funeral was devastating. It is so dreadful to see people in so much grief. The father spoke so movingly of remembering the good times with his son. It was all so sad. The shock of a sudden death is a reminder to reach out to those you love. I called each of my siblings shortly after the funeral, just so I could hear their voice. I called some of my friends that day, just to chat. I called a friend that I hadn't spoken to in a couple of months too. It also got me thinking of all the things that I still want to do in my life. Life is so short and things can happen that you never expect- I want to get out and enjoy all the good times while I have them.

well fiends, that's it for tonight. I am so tired. I'd also like to wish a very happy birthday to my sister Eve, who turned 19 just a few minutes ago. Until next tomorrow..

No comments: