Friday, March 19, 2010

My 300th Blog Posting!

Well, I just noticed when I went to start my blog posting, that this will be my 300th blog entry. Isn't that funny? I can't even remember how long I've been blogging, I think it was 2 years in January. It feels like I've been doing it much longer though, it is such a part of my nightly routine. It still amazes me that people actually read what I write, honestly, it does. Thank you so much for taking the time to read about me and PS.

So here is a little story that I wanted to share- there is a game that comes on the computer called Minesweeper. I actually don't know if it still comes on computers- both of mine are rather old. The object of the game is to flag all the mines on your board with outing hitting any. So, for the longest time, I couldn't figure out how to play, gradually I figured out how to play at the beginner level, but I couldn't win. I remember sometimes I would go on the intermediate level, it looked so difficult, I couldn't imagine how anyone could do it. After a while of playing the beginner level, I finally won the game. Recently, I decided to step it up to the intermediate level, it took many times, but a couple of nights ago, I won the game. Now of course, it is just a silly computer game, but it is also a reminder of things can look overwhelming and impossible, but when you start small and keep practicing, keep learning, you'll get to where you never thought you could.

So, what else is going on? Today, I got an email from a social group that I belong to, they send out emails a couple of times a week about a variety of events. This was a dedicated email about a website that is aimed towards young professionals. I immediately thought of our date auction, they are based locally and this would be the perfect event for them. I visited their website, I couldn't find a phone number, but I emailed their generic mailbox- I wasn't holding out the biggest hope, especially since I couldn't send any attachments. A few hours later, I got an email back- they are interested in being involved and want more information about sponsoring. Of course, it is not a commitment to sponsor, but it is a good start. They would be a perfect fit.

In other potentially good sponsorship news- I had been calling and emailing a sponsor who participated in last year's event. The contact never responded. Yesterday, I sent an email and this one bounced back, so I called the HQ and it turns out the woman doesn't work there anymore. The receptionist gave me the contact info for the person who is handling her work temporarily, so I emailed her. I haven't heard back yet, but at least it explains why I had never heard from my contact- it had nothing to do with our event.

Well friends, it is already 1am and I'm off to bed- still haven't managed to get to bed before 1am yet this week! Until next time...

No comments: