Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Good News and Stresses

Let's start with the good news- one of last year's date auction sponsors just signed on again. So that was definitely good news. We haven't worked out the details, but they will be a financial sponsor. I'm glad that we're making progress on that side. I also contacted some new silent auction donors and got some commitments for new items for both the anniversary event and date auction. On the downside, I got a flat out rejection from two donors who contributed really nice auction items last year. One company has cut way back on their donations, I think they are struggling. The person that I dealt with last year isn't even working there anymore. The other one was a talk show that had donated tickets last year, they won't donate tickets again or an auction item. That was really disappointing, their reasons for not donating didn't even make sense. I need to keep working on finding new auction items for our events.

It has been really frustrating lately dealing with people that are unhelpful. I can't do everything alone and for Project Smile to grow, to ever have a chance of becoming a national charity, I need help. It is very difficult to find people that will actually help. Of course, there have been plenty of wonderful people that do help and they are the reason that Project Smile is here and I am so appreciative of the people that have supported us. It just gets difficult at times when you have to constantly deal with unhelpful people. I really need to work on finding people who want to be actively involved with Project Smile and can help us reach our goals.

Anyways, that's it for tonight. Tomorrow, I'm back at work on auction items and finding sponsors for our events and there are some grants that I need to work on, as well as program work. I already ate my grapefruit tonight- so I'm going to write my list, maybe finish my book and bed. I'm having a dreadful time adjusting to the hour change though- haven't made it to bed before 2am yet! Until next time..

No comments: