Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday's Happenings

Happy Monday friends! It was a beautiful spring day out- I think it is safe to say that spring has finally arrived. I even broke out my sandals for the first time since October (that makes it officially spring!) So what's new? Well, here is a nice photo from our donation on Friday of over 250 stuffed animals, books and coloring books to Boston PD.
This photo came out really well. I have to make sure that we put it on our website as well. I always post the photos on our FB page, but not every photo goes on our website.

So what is else going on? On Friday, we will be donating to our 186th department- Gardner Police. We will also be making another donation to Holden PD. I have run out of coloring books, so I need to go and buy some at Family Dollar before Friday. I was at a Family Dollar in Somerville on Friday to stock up, but their credit card machine wasn't working, so I couldn't make a purchase. I need to find a better supplier of coloring books. The Family Dollar price is really good, but we can probably do better. It is harder to get unused coloring books donated than it is stuffed animals.

We received a $750 donation from our local Walmart which is helpful. Walmart was the first corporation to give us a sizable donation. Since 2004, they have donated between $500-$1,000 annually. Grants that are reliable like this are the foundation for our financial success. You need to have steady support like that so you can keep reaching out and adding new sponsors.

Things are moving along steadily on getting auction items for both our events. As long as we keep making baby steps, I am happy. We received a couple of more restaurant gift certificates which was good. We also received some dinner certificates that were smaller than they had been in the past which was a little disappointing, but at least they donated. Every donation is helpful- it's just that you wish that the donors are able to match what they did in the previous year. I'm going to have to put some restaurant certificates into auction bundles, so we get more money for them. For some of the Boston area ones, I'll put the smaller certificates with an activity for the date auction 'couples'.

Well friends, that's it for tonight. I'm off to eat my grapefruit and read for a bit. I have a lot of other things to do, but yesterday and late this afternoon, I've been doing battle with the invasive vines that are choking the trees in our yard and now I'm pretty tired. Yard work is a really good workout! Also, here is a special shout out to my brother- Happy Birthday Vincent!
Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: