Wednesday, April 3, 2013

An Everything Day

Well, today was one of those days where I worked on a bit of everything. That's the goal every day, but it doesn't always work that way. I was working on outreach to police departments that already participate in our program to check on their supply. I didn't get around to contacting any new departments. We're donating to Boston PD on Thursday. I was also working on following up with some of the departments that we donated to recently to get letters of support from them. We include these letters in our grant applications and it makes a difference.

I was also researching some new grants to apply for. I found a couple that we would be good fits for. Some of them we have applied to years ago and were rejected, but things can change and we fit in with their funding priorities, so I think it would be worth it to apply again. We were rejected today for a grant from a retailer that has a store nearby. It would have only been a small grant, but it's always disappointing when you don't get a grant. I could do with some help in researching grants that we could apply for. There is a lot of information available, but it takes time to go through everything and see where we could fit in. It is really disappointing when you see large foundations where you have to be invited to apply for their grant and there is no contact information available on how you can get invited. I know that foundations get a lot of proposals, but at least allow an organization to submit some information, then the foundation can decide if they want that organization to complete a grant. When you don't even get that chance it is disappointing. The one foundation in particular that I'm thinking of is attached to a business where we spend a lot of money every year.

Well,  that's the latest for tonight. Once again, I'm super tired and can't think of what else happened today- even though it was a busy day. I'm off to eat my grapefruit and curl up under my heated blanket- where did that wonderful spring weather disappear to?? Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: