Monday, April 1, 2013

Welcome April

Well friends, April got off to a delightful start with a $5,000 donation.... Ha- April Fool's! There was no wonderful surprise donation that came in today, but it was still a good day. We keep chipping away at gift certificates for the couples to use on their date. I want to get that taken care of as soon as possible, so that leaves plenty of time for all the other tasks.

I was working on fashion show promotion today as well. We saw a bump in ticket sales this afternoon which was good. I've asked each of the models to commit to bringing 5 guests with her. I was inspired to do this after I read the application for a different charity event in Milwaukee that I found online. That event asked each participant to commit to bringing 10 guests with them. I loved that and I'm going to use that in the Date Auction as well. Word of mouth is still one of the very best forms of marketing, so we need people who are involved in our events to spread the word and bring their friends, coworkers, family, etc. When you give people a specific goal- in this case a number of people to bring with them- I think it helps. It isn't enough to just say, "bring your friends." We still have plenty of time before the show, but in my perfect world, we would have all the tickets sold already! 

Well, there is lots more to write about, but I am really tired and I can't remember much of anything. I had a long meeting earlier tonight about an unrelated project and it was an energy zapper. I had a lot of plans for things I was going to do when I came home, but it will have to wait until tomorrow. I just finished a delicious and rather large slice of lemon meringue pie- ah, if only it was a health food- I could eat that every night! Until tomorrow friends...

No comments: