Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Bad News

Well, there was some seriously bad news in the calendar photo department today. My 35mm camera which I've used for every calendar photo has just died. Even worse, the last 3 photo shoots that I did will most likely have to be redone. Hopefully, Sunday's photos don't need to be redone as well. I won't know until tomorrow. I can't believe I have to redo these photos- it is really frustrating. I'm also really nervous because tomorrow I have to buy a new digital camera, learn how to use it and then rush out and start doing calendar photos as soon as possible. I'm researching cameras tonight, but I don't even know exactly what I should be getting. I love Canon cameras, so I want to stay with that brand and I also want something simple to use and that takes really high quality photos and doesn't cost a lot of money.

I'm feeling so overwhelmed tonight, honestly ready to cry. It is really difficult when you are solely responsible for everything. There are a lot of advantages when you are in charge, but it is also extremely difficult at the same time. There are so many things that need my attention and I can't get to everything. Now, on top of everything else that needs to be done, I have this camera issue to deal with- a pretty major issue that needs to be fixed immediately. I also didn't plan on having to spend a few hundred dollars right now, not a good thing when we already are in a financial crunch.

I have that awful nervous/anxious feeling- chest feels tight and I feel so wired. Even though I'm actually really tired, (didn't go to bed until 3am) I don't want to sleep. I want to keep working. Our events are getting closer and closer and I am really anxious about making them a success. There are also other things that need attention, including grants that need to be written. No news yet on that month spot in the calendar ad. I don't have any other viable calendar sponsors, so I really need this person to come through for us. Thursday we are back on the harbor cruise again selling raffle tickets, so that will hopefully bring in enough money to cover the cost of the camera.

I haven't exercised since Saturday which is dreadful. I go to bed so late and I've had to rush out the door for photo shoots these last few days, so I haven't had time to exercise. Tomorrow morning, I have to be in Waltham for a free training class by Constant Contact on email marketing. I'm really looking forward to it. There is a lot that I want to learn about improving our communication and the success of our monthly newsletter. I need to be in Boston tomorrow at 5:30 for the photo shoot for the Boston Globe magazine, which is really exciting. I should go to bed now. I don't want to feel like the stressed, frazzled creature that I am now for the photos.

There was one good piece of news today- date auction ticket sales have started! I need to follow up with the fire department tomorrow and see how things are going with recruiting for the auction. There is another issue that arose with the date auction last week, but it is looking like it may be resolved without too much fuss. Can you believe we are only 6 1/2 weeks away from the date auction? There is so much that needs to fall into place.

Well, I am going to stop having a mini meltdown and go to bed. I can't control what happened with the camera, it is very unfortunate, but what I need to do now is fix the problem and move on- quickly. We have a lot of things already in place for both our big events- yes, there is a lot more that has to be done, but we did it before and we will do it again- even better.
Until tomorrow friends- please wish me happy camera buying and speedy scheduling of photo reshoots- even better, please wish that at least a few of my photos will be usable, so I don't have to reshoot at all. That's a long shot though, so I already called the departments to let them know. Not including the re-does we still have 5 more shoots to schedule.

No comments: