Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Upswing

Well, today started out rocky but ended on an upswing- I like days like that. Of course, an entirely productive day filled with lots of good news is the dream, but that very rarely happens. Most days are filled with ups and downs. I wasn't feeling very well this morning, and didn't get very much accomplished. I decided to take a brief nap- which did a world of good and I got a lot done this afternoon. I was working on date auction marketing- I got a lot done, but still have other things that need to be sent out tomorrow. I was also working on contacting more police/fire departments for calendar photos. The deadline for calendar photos is August 13 and I still have 7 departments that need to be photographed. Sometimes, it gets so frustrating to schedule the photo shoots. I did get another scheduled this morning, but I'm still waiting for other people to get back to me.

I'm looking forward to my meeting on Thursday with a local sports team. They contacted me last week and want to be involved with Project Smile when their season starts this fall. I've been to some of their games and they are a lot of fun. We are also looking to expand Project Smile in their area, so I think this would work out great. It is awesome when organizations contact us- in the beginning it was me having to contact everyone for support, but gradually that is changing. I can only imagine how wonderful it will be when we get bigger and bigger and more organizations approach us and want to be involved.

On a personal note- I'm going to be in the Boston Globe Magazine again! I got an email last week inviting me to participate in an upcoming story about women finding the perfect pair of jeans. I applied to be a part of it- I didn't hear back, so I figured I wasn't selected. This afternoon, I got an email saying that I was chosen to be one of the 5 women featured. I'm going for a professional jeans fitting in a few days, then next week I go to a photographer's studio in Boston to be professionally photographed for the Globe magazine's fashion issue coming out in August. How fun is that?

It's wonderful how great it is to keep learning. I was thinking randomly yesterday when I walked into my office how much I have learned over the last few years- everything I do now, I am doing better than I did in 2004. The longer I work, the more I learn and the better I get at doing things. I keep learning how to fundraise better, how to run a business better and how to market PS better. It's funny to think what the next 5 years will bring and how much more I will now. I try to be like a sponge- I want to absorb everything that is going on around me and learn how to do my work better. I know that I have a lot to learn and I can do much better. I'm slow in responding to certain things- but that happens because I have a massive amount of things that need to be done during the day. Michelle has given me some greast ideas and needs my feedback on things, but I haven't had enough time lately to sit down and respond because I am so caught up with the things that need my urgent attention.

Ideally, I should go back to work and finish up some things, but I'm tired and I think I might just go to sleep. I have to write my list first though- it really helped me get back on track today. I have a calendar photo shoot in the morning, then I'm working all day- calendar stuff, date auction promo, silent auction items for both events, sponsors, July newsletter and other things that I can't remember right now. Until tomorrow friends..

No comments: