Friday, July 3, 2009

Good News

We have a speaker! Karen Swensen, news anchor on New England Cable News- she is a really interesting person and will do a great job, so I'm happy that she's on board for our Anniversary event. It would be great to get other special guests as well- it worked out so well last year having two special guests. I've been so worried about finding a guest speaker, so it's a relief to have that taken care of. I wish that I could just believe that everything will be OK, without having to worry so much. I'm always afraid that the worst is going to happen- it's funny, because on a certain level I trust that if I work hard enough, things will be fine and I have every confidence in what I'm doing, but on a huge level, I get extremely worried and think that things will end in disaster.

What else is going on? I managed to get a photo shoot in Franklin done today, in between all the rain that we've been having. I have two photo shoots scheduled for tomorrow, one in the morning which means I need to get to bed at a decent hour, so I can be bright and perky tomorrow morning. I finally started working on a grant that has been on my daily list each day for about 3 weeks. I was holding off on starting it because it is a grant application that has no guidelines- no info on the website about what they have funded, no application form- nothing. I was told to send some information applying for a grant to the Foundation- it was very vague. So I'm not sure what they are looking for. The lady I spoke with was encouraging, so I don't think we are wasting our time applying, we're only asking for a relatively small amount of money. It would be great if we could get this grant, even though it would be small, every dollar is important. Things are down this year, so we really need this grant to come through. I should be hearing on a $5,000 grant application within the next few weeks- you can't imagine how I'm hoping that comes through.

Well, I'm getting tired and I'm off to bed. I want to finish the grant application tomorrow. It will be a good day to get it done since most people have the day off, so there isn't any point in trying to make business calls. I was going to take the day off tomorrow, but since I'm doing photos, I might as well work the rest of the day as well and get things accomplished. Now, I'm off to eat a peach (yes, not grapefruit!), I just had some watermelon which is my favorite fruit, now I'm off to peaches and maybe some blueberries too. How I love food! Until next time friends- I hope everyone has a very happy Independence Day!

No comments: